Saturday, 26 September 2026

Fashion Finds~! {Jun-Sep 2026}

Hey, everyone. As always I've been doing some thrifting, browsing, and other fashion-y stuff over the summer and this month as well. I've found lots of awesome DVDs, CDs, books, and stationery over the summer too but I'll make a separate blog post for all of that later. Here's a post about all the clothes and accessories I picked up over the summer:

Day #1 ~ Sometime in July  


We went on a daytrip to a nearby town where we stopped a pretty nice recyclerie and later dropped by the Kiabi. So, since I don't shop new stuff anymore I was not very tempted with the exception of this qipao-inspired top, the colour and fit was just really good.


At the recyclerie I also found this super cute black short-sleeved blouse, it was cotton and the fit was fantastic as well.



The coolest find was probably this dress with a basque waistline and incredibly pretty embroidery. The ribbon at the back is pretty awful though so I'm going to replace it with a plain black ribbon if I come across one.

Day #2 ~ Sometime in August

There were not as many brocantes this summer, I would guess because of the heat. However, there was the big one in the park behind the supermarket luckily. That's where a girl did a small sketch of me and gave it to me when I passed by her booth. Very sweet!


I found this really beautiful dress with a high-neck collar and a faux apron. I know it may be giving Mormon a bit but to me it feels very Mori girl. I love the small floral print a lot.

I also picked up this little trinket, that I think is a pendant without the actual chain. I believe it's Athena in enamel or something and it's so pretty. She's my favourite of the Greek gods.


There were also some things I saw bu didn't buy. First was this really pretty summer dress, I loved it but it was 100% not my size. There were also these very cute and unique shoes but the heel was much too high.

Day #3 ~ Sometime in August 

Me and my sister went to the outlet store. I picked up this very cute dolphin keyring. Learning that dolphins can be evil in a very human-way has soured me on them a little but I still admire them for being smart and cool animals. But also evil.



The keyring looks awesome on my Ripcurl bag and is also of very nice quality! Accidentally stabbed multiple people with it and the keyring was totally undamaged while my victims were mildly injured.

Day #4 ~ Sometime in August  

Now, this was the luckiest day of them all because I got some amazing piece of clothing for totally free! My mum is an apprentice to this guy that does furniture repair and renovation and he was clearing out a bunch of his stuff which included furniture and clothes. I got a bunch of stuff!

A brown blazer that's quite oversized on me but I kind of like it. I'm experimenting with it.


The best of them all was this long navy trench. I've been on the hunt for a trench for like 5 years and now I got one totally free! It's gorgeous and has some beautiful lining.

Also got a pair of brown corduroy pants. I was talking to Ari a few months ago how I had a phase where I wanted to try corduroy but didn't want to buy anything if I wasn't gonna wear it. Well, now I can wear them this autumn!

I also got this purple-ish plaid shirt. It's an unusual plum colour for me but I dig it. And me and plaid will never break up. 

I love hand-me-downs, it's often even better than a good thrift find. You know when you're giving it away to someone specific the clothes will keep on being used which is the best outcome. Nothing new bought or sold. 

Day #5 ~ Sometime in September

Super recently I stopped by the thrift store outside of town that's across the river. Saw a friend there and had a nice chat. Even talked to the cashier about Buffy entirely in French!  

First, the rejects. I tried on this raglan, I'm not as crazy about them as I used to be but I still appreciate a good raglan. This one was way too big though and bunched awkwardly everywhere, especially in the armpits.

Also did not buy this sweater. I was into the design and colour but the fit was weird, not loose and hanging and not tight either. A weird middle that I wasn't into.


The next pick was a success! A very simple but stylish Esprit cami. Cotton and cozy and with a very cute print. 


Also found this peculiar jacket with just two buttons. I'm actually not sure what this jacket type is called but it's cape-like. Very cute, especially because of the sailor collar. It's light a great early-autumn outer lawyer when you don't need a proper jacket. 

Also got this DDP longsleeve in a minty green with a super cute print. I like wearing longsleeves with tees and stuff in the autumn.

And I also got a pair of super simple black dress pants. This is actually for my Halloween costume but they are honestly so slinky I might wear them for semi-formal occasions on the regular. 

And this possibly cursed necklace! So cool and I'm really into the old metal and big red stones thing. Hope it's not too cursed. 

Day #6 ~ Sometime in September 

Soon after the last trip I also visited our closest recyclerie, mainly looking for some things to complete my Halloween costume. I wasn't able to find what I need but I'll make do with some of the stuff I have at home. I did find some other stuff though...


This super cute, lightly pleated denim skirt. I love denim skirts and this one is longer than my usual one so I think it makes a great 2nd option for when I don't need something very mini. Also I love the embroidered pattern on the butt. Very 2000s. 

A plain, tight-fit, cotton blue tee. It's super comfortable and very, very long. In my favourite icy blue! 



They also had this cute as hell Roxy bag. Truth be told I did not need this bag but I liked it so much I decided to get it. It's got pockets for days and the zipper  is shaped like a key. It's just too cute. 

Day #7 ~ Sometime in ???

So, I cannot remember when I got these boots because I did not buy them! My mum thrifted them and gave them to me as a gift sometime this summer. They look awesome and are also super comfortable, spent a day walking through the countryside in them and no pain! 


So, that's all for the fashion stuff. Again, this is not stuff I buy in a day or a 'haul'. I never do hauls. It's things I buy over the months. I think it would be better for me to eventually buy much less but I'm still developing and evolving my personal style so I feel that buying second-hand is ideal as of right now. Have you gone thrifting lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment