Hey, everyone. As mentioned in my previous post, I've gone back and tried some more of the looks that were styled for me by users on Whering and some that I even know from the indie web! There's many cool things that I never even thought of and I had a lot of fun trying everything on. Without further ado...
Oh, and there's some more looks left to try so there will eventually be a #3!
Outfit #1
So the first look is a ridiculous amount of fun and nearly perfect for the current weather. It's just a smidge too warm for a hoodie right now. It's styled by Michelle (username: sailorminivan). The casualness of the hoodie and the girlishness of the skirt and tank-top go perfect together. I don't really think of things as masculine/feminine, and more as being casual/fanciful and I love when they are mixed together. I honestly really love it, it's so cute and magical. Hence, my really random DVD of Winx season 6 volume 2! I think I'm gonna start to run out of DVDs pretty fast...
// ☆ Outfit Breakdown ☆ \\
Green Hoodie . . . Kiabi {Bought New}
Pink Tank Top . . . Burton {Thrifted}
Butterfly Green Skirt . . . H&M {Bought New}
Blue Converse . . . Converse {Thrifted}
Lavender Scarf . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Turquoise Bracelet . . . ??? {Gift}
Purple Teardrop Earrings . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Blue Hair Clips . . . ??? {Bought New}
Faux Leather Handbag . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Brown Socks . . . ??? {Bought New}
Outfit #2
The second look is styled by Alice (actually the usual suspect! username: aliceavocado) and it's got a skirt over jeans? Seems familiar...
Okay, enough jokes! It's an amazing look and I will wear it out this autumn! I love skirts over jeans but for some reason never actually brave wearing them. Also I didn't think that the pink of the polo would go so great with the yellow in the skirt! It totally does! I'm bad at colours... Maybe kind of on the nose but I picked Juno, I know Alice loves that movie as well haha! Elliott Page forever!
// ☆ Outfit Breakdown ☆ \\
Pink Polo . . . Junk98 {Thrifted}
Yellow-Navy Plaid Skirt . . . Promod {Thrifted}
Blue Bootcut Jeans . . . Bershka {Bought New}
Biker Boots . . . Bolzer {Thrifted}
Cloud Ring . . . ??? {Gift}
Grey Cap . . . Celio {Hand-Me-Down}
Pink Heart Earrings . . . ??? {Bought New}
Gray Bag . . . Ripcurl {Thrifted}
Outfit #3
The third look is styled by Juette (username: juette) who I know from Neocities and the 32bit Forum where we both frequent the fashion thread. There's even a fashion challenge going on right now that will be a monthly occurrence. Current theme: pink! More on that later. This look is very seasonal to me, I love it. The boots are quite warm for right now but I really hope I can justify wearing them in October or November. These are also my regular glasses (the only ones that survived...) but they look quite fashionable styled like this! Picked one of my favourite lo-fi/indie albums from one of my fave bands, the Caesars to go with this look with little reasoning, just vibes.
// ☆ Outfit Breakdown ☆ \\
Yellow Floral Dress . . . Inspiration Studio {Hand-Me-Down}
Knee-Length Boots . . . Timberland {Bought New}
Black Boxy Glasses . . . ??? {Bought New}
Green Heart Necklace . . . ??? {Bought New}
Green Flower Handbag . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Outfit #4
The fourth outfit is the second half of Nunya's (username @lindsaywoolsey) submission from the last entry. It's very interesting because the dress really looks like a top the way it's styled here. Seems logical but as you guys know I basically have the minimum brain function possible for some reason when it comes to a lot of things, especially fashion, so I never thought of this. It pairs really well with the colour of the skirt but the top of the skirt is a little tight so I don't know how wearable it would be on the regular but I like it. Maybe I can try it with a different skirt. I picked Anastacia's self-titled album, I think because the long brown skirt and belt combo was reminding me of pop faux-country.
// ☆ Outfit Breakdown ☆ \\
Blue Floral Dress . . . H&M {Bought New}
Brown Skirt . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Brown Blazer . . . Devred {Hand-Me-Down}
Slim Sunglasses . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Cherry Hairties . . . ??? {Bought New}
Blue Butterfly Hairclips . . . ??? {Bought New}
Grey Bag with Pink Lining . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Outfit #5
The last look for this entry was also one of the three styled by Shawna (username @shawnarip). She even showed herself styling me in one of her recent videos! I feel like a mini-celebrity. I love this top but don't wear it often because I'm not sure what to pair it with. Well, the colours look fantastic with this skirt and I love those sunglasses so any day I can put them on is a good day. The safari-esque nature of the look made me think of childhood movies about animals. I'd pick Lion King but I don't have it on DVD so Spirit it is! By the way, this ENTIRE look is made up of thrifted items, that's pretty cool!
// ☆ Outfit Breakdown ☆ \\
Tigers Tee . . . Port&Company {Thrifted}
Brown Denim Skirt . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Blue Converse . . . Converse {Thrifted}
Green Flower Handbag . . . ??? {Thrifted}
Slim Sunglasses . . . ??? {Thrifted}
And that's all for this post! I seriously enjoy checking out how others would style me in my clothes because it just shows me how many different tastes there are and how much I like about all of them. It also makes me feel that I do have a unique taste in fashion: after so long floundering about between aesthetics, subcultures, and eras of fashion I was honestly very bad at all of it. I'm not longer really looking for a label and just going with what I like and not calling it anything. This isn't anything against subcultures, which I respect, but more a self-reflection on my own indecisiveness which I'm just going to roll with in the future.























































































.jpg)
Muy bonitos outfits elegidos por tus amigos, en especial me gustaron los de vestido y faldas largas, te vez muy linda, saludos 🥰🥰
ReplyDelete