Friday, 7 August 2026

Hobonichi Preview #1: Solid Colours

So first thing, I am NOT buying a Hobonichi this year, or maybe ever? I'm not sure. I've floated the idea around the blogs a few times over the last two years but I realized that I can only afford a Weeks and after a year of using a planner with horizontal-format days realized that it's not my ideal way of planning. I don't know why but my brain sees the day as going from top to bottom when I'm planning. My current planner rocks otherwise but it does have this one flaw. I already have an affordable planner ready for next year because as nice as Hobonichis are there is no way I'm paying like 80+ euros for the Cousin or Original. 

However, I do like looking at what kinda stuff they've come out with for fun. The first thing they revealed was the solid colours line-up. Six covers for the A6s and 5 Weeks. I'm gonna be honest, I'm not very into the cover colours, they are just not any of my fave colours.

 

If I had to pick one it would probably be Blue Parasol.

 

The Weeks had a much better selection, if I had to pick one it would probably be Poppy Red, closely followed by Sea Glass. 

Have you ever owned or wanted to own a Hobonichi? I honestly find them quite appealing but also kind of a fad so I'm not really sold. However, I do like the care with which they are designed so it's a fun thing to have a look at without buying anything. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment