Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Hobonichi Preview #12: Slim covers

I'll be frank, right off the bat, I find all the covers really boring and actually kind of badly designed. They seem visually quite cheap next to the rest of Hobonichi's lineup. 

A6/A5 Folio in blue has a nice colour but is otherwise so plain that I don't really see why anyone would get it. I guess if they need their cover and their Techno to fit together very tightly. The pen strap doesn't sell it.


I think the lilac and pale teal (inspired by ramune) A6/A5 are the worst of the collection. They just seem so uninspired. And I find the the wine-coloured strap to not really work with the lilac.

I think the trifold in the fancy brown leather is the only worthwhile piece in the collection but even then it's a little simple and probably quite pricey.

Often when I don't like a specific lineup it's because it's simply not for me. But this one just seems very bland in general. I guess it's for serious office people or something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment