So, the brand minä perhonen is one I've only heard of through Hobonichi. They are not Finnish actually (though the phrase directly translates to 'I am a butterfly') and create textiles. They are very expensive. Previous covers from the collabs with minä perhonen were between around 80 and 130 dollars/euros. I suppose if you really love the designs and quality this could be a reasonable investment but I find charging that much for a planner cover incredibly high.
The pattern of the A5/A6 blue cover is quite Nordic, but maybe because of the blue it feels a bit Mediterranean to me as well.
The 'glass flower' A5/A6 cover has a zipper, and like a trifold, I actually quite like zipper-style covers. I think it keeps everything in one place very nicely and protects the paper. I'm not crazy about the actual cover design though.
The 'piece' A6 cover (as the other 'piece' covers) is made from left over materials from clothing production. I love mixed textiles and patterns, especially when they have this kind of quilted or patchwork look, it's very comforting.
The 'piece' A5 cover might be my favourite, because of the darker yellow lining, it's quite fun to look at.
I think the blue pattern looks better on the more square-ish covers like the A6 or A5 but it works well on the weeks too. And the zipper is great.
Actually the best item is probably the 'piece' weeks. It has very pretty muted colours, a zipper, and very cute textiles.
There is also a tote. It's an average cute yet tiny tote.
I believe a lot of the cost comes from the labour and materials (such as the cowhide inner lining) and that totally makes sense. I just could never justify a 100+ dollar cover but if someone sees this being their long term cover and the style appeals to them, it checks out.






















































































.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment