Hey, everyone. This will probably be my last summer OOTD post. It's been too hot to try cute outfits and I mostly spent my days in as little clothing as is socially appropriate and/or legal or wearing purely practical and raggedy stuff for work. There is no fashion runway by the cornfield...
This is actually good news though because we are approaching my favourite months! Autumn, baby! If I had to rank the autumnal months they would go as such: October, November, September. No offense to September, still an awesome month.
Much coming soon actually! I've had some awesome luck and got a bunch of free clothes, did some outlet and second-hand shopping, and have been trying an app for my closet documenting/archiving purposes. I'm still testing it out so whether it's actually good or not, I'll post about it when I give it more time.
Anyway, here's the outfit I wore last week to an outdoor evening event. We were there with friends and family, ordered some mediocre burgers, and listened to some live music. I went a little overboard with the accessorizing but since it was the last look of the summer...
I'm not actually saluting anyone in that last pic... the sun was just getting in my eyes. Ah, whatever, go, my comrades!
Dress . . . Cookie Seven {Thrifted}
Brown Sheer Bolero . . . H&M {Bought New}
Butterfly Necklace . . . H&M {Bought New}
Pink Heart Earrings . . . ??? {Bought New}
Purple Hair Crab . . . ??? {Bought New}
Butterfly Hairclips . . . ??? {Bought New}
Boracay Bag . . . ??? {Gifted}
Plain Black Sandals . . . ??? {Bought New}
Here's the accessories in a close-up. It may be a little juvenile, a bit wack, but I thought it looked quite fun.
So I often forget to post what make-up I was actually using but it's nothing crazy. I don't shop at the big box stores normally and get my make-up for cheap at outlet stores since I use it so rarely. For the eyes, I did a little ombre with 2nd pink and the 1st purple from the Divage palette. As usual, I used the brown eyeliner for some fake lash shadows. Brown mascara too, from HEMA. The lipstick is in a rather cool tone which I thought worked with the whole outfit, though I gave it a smudge so that it wasn't quite as intense.
Here's a little more of the dress.
And that's it! A bit on all the Hobonichi stuff now. I had a lot of fun looking at the new covers and more importantly, doing this little window-shopping thing certified for me that I'm not actually that interested in Hobonichi and the fervor around it was more fun that the actual product. The only cover I wanted (and still kinda want) was the Natal Design camo, for which the price was revealed. I said I'd get it if it was around 30 euros but no more... well, I was only 100 euros off! You've got to be kidding me... it's nylon...! I mean, I'm sure the quality is amazing but I am never buying a journal cover for 130 euros. That is too insane. I also realized I could just try to make my own from a camo-patterened t-shirt my sister doesn't wear anymore myself. I'm not gonna diss anyone for liking Hobonichi or buying their stuff but I think it's very unlikely I'll order something from the official store in the coming years, even though I appreciate the collaborations with artists and the such.
Is anyone else looking forward to autumn? I literally can't wait already.














































































.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment