Friday, 14 August 2026

Hobonichi Preview #8: Yumi Kitagishi

Yumi Kitagishi is having her fourth collaboration with Hobonichi this year. Last year's Weeks featuring her designs in neat postage stamp squares was one of my favourites.  

 

The A6 cover features a house with some rooms being visible. We can spy on what her cute cats, rabbits, and squirrels are up to. As a kid I was obsessed with drawing interiors from this angle, paper-doll house style. Also a very beautiful interior side to the cover!

 

The A5 cover has a whole town! It's very pretty and I think my fave feature is actually the inside pattern which looks like vintage wallpaper. Or maybe the hill with the tree.

 

The HON gets a unique cover this year too. Very pretty house and tea room illustrations, I think she is a real master of colours that burst with vibrancy. You would think mustard yellow and a muted pink wouldn't go together but they really do!

The Weeks may be my favourite, even though I love the red of the others, the calm teal is beautiful. Also the little cat maid is very adorable and kinda looks like my cat Simona, who would never stoop so low as to wait on me...

In the stationery aisle, there's a very cute ballpoint pen, with the decorative part mimicking a clay figure. Very adorable.

I also really like the clip set. I bought clips last year and though I use them occasionally I don't think I use them often enough to have justified the purchase. So while these are cute I don't think they would be very practical for me regardless.

Very cute strap with an adjustable buckle. A strap is something I do use a lot. It's why I'm kinda tempted by the camo from Natal Design, with those buttons a strap is unnecessary. The pen loops can be useful but I feel like they would get in the way for me personally.

I think Yumi Kitagishi's work is always very inspired and cute. I realized it's not exactly for me but I appreciate her work a lot and I'm sure many will enjoy this newest collaboration. Otherwise, I saw on the Hobo reddit that apparently many people did not like the Natal Design covers, especially the camo. Muahaha! Perfect, more for me! If it's an affordable price I would like to buy it to use in 2028 as I already have a A5 planner ready to use for 2027. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment