Monday, 24 August 2026

Hobonichi Preview #15: Leo Lionni

I've not been keeping up with the last week of the Hobonichi reveals, so I'm gonna be making some posts about the collections I've missed so far. This entry features two covers and a Weeks with art by Italian picture book author and illustrator Leo Lionni, specifically his mouse character, Frederick. I personally did not read or have any of his books as a kid but his style reminds me a bit of Kretk, an adorable Czech cartoon from my childhood. Specifically the background art.

 

Frederick collects the sun, as he is known to do, on the A6 cover. The mice on the inside with pieces of corn are especially cute. 



My favourite is probably the A5 cover. The grey mice and the bright colours are very pretty together.

 

The Weeks has a lovely red touch and I actually quite like the faint signature on the back and would have liked it on the front as well. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment