So, it's the last day on list of main reveals of the 2027 Hobonichi line up. As I've read, there will be some other reveals before September but most of the stuff can already be seen. I may write about them but likely I will not. The last day features Hello Kitty herself, while she is not my fave of the Sanrio line-up, I really appreciate the retro direction they went with her for this collection. My fave Sanrio guys are: Jewel Cat, Kutusita Nyanko, Adorozatorumary, Chococat, and Marroncream.
The A6/A5 covers are bright red and there's a medley of some very cute illustrations, though done in a retro-style they have Hello Kitty doing stuff with her own techo. It's a lovely touch.
The Weeks pattern is quite similar, but more sparse with all the illustrations being equal in size.
Surprisingly I like the pencil boards the most from this collection. I think I like the patterns on the flipped sides a lot, especially with Hello Kitty chilling in the left bottom corner.
There's also three clear covers. Maybe I'm dumb or something but I'm pretty sure cover-on-cover implies the plastic covers will also fit over standardized Techo covers. Seems like a lot of covers but that's just me. Simple but cute.
I think the sticky notes are nice, I like that they are outlined in red.
Cool little stamps with buttons, though I imagine aiming them is quite difficult.
Some folders. The colours are vibrant and pretty. Though I don't know how comfortable it is to store folders inside a Techo.
Glimmery stickers, which I much prefer to foil-pressed. Maybe because they were so common when I was a kid I have better associations with them.
The 'stappo' is a standing pouch. I like the idea but I'm not sure how much use it would be to me personally in execution. My table is always a huge mess and only shelves work so far.
A pretty cute pencil case, it looks like it has pockets so that's pretty great. Most pencil cases could use some more pockets.
And that's all for the main reveals! I've also been curious about Hobonichi as a bit of a stationery freak but never gave it serious thought because of the high-price point. Though for my needs, which would be a standard A6 book with a cover, I guess it's not incredibly expensive and worth it for the good design and utility of the planner. Since I'm already set for 2027 I will not be ordering an actual Techo. There's only been one item that I really, really want and it's the Natal Design's A6 camo cover. However, I will not be buying it on release day. I hate that phenomena of everyone rushing and scrambling to buy stuff as soon as it's out with this scarcity mindset. If it's still available closer to the end of the year and isn't outrageously expensive I may buy the camo cover to use with an A6 planner in 2028. We'll see in the future!

























































































.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment